Monday, October 27, 2008

on newton and reality


..I have been studying a lot about Isaac Newton theses days...He is often viewed as the scientist who led us out of the dark shadows of magic and into the light of scientific reason. His theories on gravity and laws of motion etc were as profound as any discovery made in the history of mankind. There reason I am writing this is in response to many people I personally know who worship only at the idol of reason and are blind as a garden mole when when it comes to seeing or believing anything outside the visible spectrum...I find it incredibly interesting that so many people I know personally accept only the black or the white and refuse to believe in the "third side of the coin" (I coined this expression). Isaac Newton was a genius beyond genius wrapped in an enigma--He was so far beyond anyone I ever read about including Leonardo, plato, vitruvius, tesla, Hawkings etc etc. Now the point of this entire post is that Newton spent 25 years of his life one hundred percent devoted to studying alchemy...the most esoteric and strange art known to man. The same guy who gave us the principia mathmatica--the single greatest achievement of a human mind--ever. Yet, my skeptical friends know better than this genius who spent 25 years studying the proportions of ancient temples from the bible and cooking metal in crucibles in search of the esoterica and elusive philosophers stone. They are rationalists, they are too smart to fall for anything that is beyond the eye..I am humbler than they, I am not that smart I have learned that my mind is just a small thing, a minor star and my opinions shine very little light on reality. I am smart enough to know that newton was a genius of the ages and for him to look beyond the visible spectrum into the unknown realm esoteric thought is enough for me to believe there is more to to reality than meets the eye. There is much more than this. My friends idea of newton is that he is a fig and comes in a cookie. By the way did I mention he created calculus? I know one thing, Isaac newton never chased fools errands if he was chasing something there was something there, what that is I am not sure...He never found the philosophers stone but he opened doors that are still open today as to the nature of reality and he played Descartes like a cheap violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor