Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cleburne Texas

I grew up in Cleburne Texas on a hundred acre farm. It was not a farm like you see on TV, it was basically a big field with a few horses and chickens. There was a creek in back where I would journey alone and find fossils. Once a huge dog came up to me, it was very sick and its ribs were exposed. It was really on its last legs but it was much bigger than I. I think it was German Shepard. It slowly walked up to me and I thought it was going to kill me (which would have been highly possible as I was 7.) It came up to me and I held out my shaking hand and touched its face. I will never forget that dog and I have drawn it hundreds of times on paper and in my mind. I think it came up to me as if to say goodbye to the world if that makes any sense.

alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor