Friday, May 25, 2007

Strange World


Here come some juicy watercolors from my lost weekend in Los Angeles. I made a slew of watercolors as I spent the entire thanksgiving day alone on Santa Monica beach. Although I was inspired by the beauty of my surroundings I was feeling a darkness creep through my days. I took refuge in another place. An internal place, a Strange World. I made about ten of these as I was trying to nail the right feel. It is interesting how hard it is to capture fleeting glimpses compared to solid reality. I think the flying creatures represent the need to escape into the unknown. I will put a few more of these up over the weekends but many will be only available to VIP or people who wish to pay pal directly to me or call. I am not putting many of them to bid.

alex
ebay link below:

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=87404769&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=290121823939&lk=URL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor