Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cartoons


My entire life, even as a child, my sketchbooks would have a few pages of "serious" works and life studies and then I would have a few pages of "cartoons." In the renaissance "cartoons" were the original drawings and studies that were made for works that would later be painted as more finished works. I never really personally resolved where "cartoons" fit into fine art...I don't really care for lichenstein and the whole comic book rip-off thing style of art. I usually separate my cartoons from my "fine art." This is a panel from a strip I made and almost sold to king features syndicate about 7 years ago. I am selling these original panels on ebay. Note: nobody uses those paste on background dots anymore--computers took that over)

These panels are very labor intensive...you can own the fruits of labor:


http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=87404769&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=290133912546&lk=URL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor