Saturday, June 23, 2007

Kayak

I am back from my kayak run. (Had to get out of my apt.) I tied up to a dock in Northport and Stopped into Gunthers---Gunthers is an old school bar in Northport LI where the beat poet Jack Kerouac used to drink (heavily). It is basically a blue collar/ clammer bar with zero pretension to be anything else. I sat next to an older well-dressed lady who had missed her flight connection to Scotland in Newark due to storms. She has a sister in Northport. She grew up on Loch Ness, and her mother saw the Loch Ness monster more than once as a child. She used to own a bed and breakfast there as well, I guess If I didn't write this down I would forget it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor