Wednesday, June 20, 2007

NYC Cover


I posted this by request of a client. This is the cover I made for Ambassador Yellow Pages. They are by far the best yellow pages because they were smart enough to use painting on their covers and not lifeless computer art. I figured out this style solely for these covers because I am painting on a yellow background. A quick art lesson for anyone--if you put a grey square against a yellow sheet of paper it will appear purple. This is called the complementary color...it is the opposite color on the color wheel. Delacroix first discovered that shadows on a yellow taxi look purple before the impressionistos later beat the idea to death. This piece was written up in page six because people got upset that she looked very stern and angry..I replied "wouldn't you after 9-11" God Bless NYC. These are available as signed and numbered prints of which I only have a few left--great collector items, I may throw in the page six blurb if I can find it. I will post these on ebay for $25 each signed and numbered.

ebay link below!



http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=87404769&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=290131163307&lk=URL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor