Wednesday, June 27, 2007

two fisherman


I try to make a habit of doing one watercolor every sunset. Sometimes I am in the mood and sometimes I have to force myself to do it after a long day of work. If you do not fully commit yourself to a watercolor they will look half-ass. I am most influenced by japanese zen painting when it comes to my watercolors. I try to think about nothing when I paint them. This was painted yesterday on Makinaw beach.... It seems to be a pretty good fishing spot. The only fishing I do is deep into the well of alex searching for the genius to guide my hand through the dark cave of modern art. I try to paint from life and never bring my camera as painting from a photo is for the weak.

1 comment:

  1. Since when is painting from a photograph considered for the weak? Is that fact or merely your opinion? It seems your success of late has caused you to become cynical and mean spirited. I think I prefer to read the kind, humble Alex Gardega.

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor