Sunday, July 29, 2007

colony collapse


I think we are facing something much worse than all the other daily fears we are spoon fed by the news each day. 25 percent of america's honeybees have died off. If we lose the honey bee we lose one third of all food products you buy in the supermarket. I think that spraying millions of gallons of anvil to kill west nile virus probably did not help the bees. I am sure they are not immune to the west nile pesticide anvil (as it will knock a bird right out of the sky on contact.) I never heard of anyone dying from west nile except for one elderly woman who had a compromised immune system. I guess drawing irises made me think of depressing fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor