Wednesday, August 8, 2007

the joy of glass


I spent over thirty hours on this piece of glass. Most of that time was in a 100 degree studio with a breathing helmet on. I drove it home tonight in my truck to make some design changes before I etch tomorrow and I went over the train tracks too hard and cracked it all the way down the middle. I am somewhere in between laughing and crying right now and feel like burying my face in a bottle of whiskey somewhere but I wont. I will design a new one tonight...The crack was such a horrible sound....what you see is a piece of glass covered in vinyl resist..the crack and the glass are on the other side of the rubber...lesson learned---do not to transport unless secured.

1 comment:

  1. Are you trying to get into 'Street Art' now too? Could be a whole new era of 'de-construction-ism' ;)

    Hope you can laugh about it soon...

    ReplyDelete

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor