Friday, August 31, 2007

under painting


Here is the under painting of my Last Supper. I have drawn out my geometric lines on the piece as well (but they are probably not very visible.) I have used Ruben's method of painting which is a burnt sienna color that is applied from top right down to the left at a 45 degree angle. I have much drawing and studies to do now! I am paying special attention to the golden mean and gold ration as it applies to Da Vinci's construction of his Last Supper. My last supper will be influenced by Da Vinci's and will fortunately wind up being only a Gardega. I am too far along in my career to make a simple copy without putting a bit of myself into it. The best part about painting this piece is the discoveries one makes along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor