Saturday, September 1, 2007

Da Vinci's Dream


I was lucky enough to go 1,000 feet up today in an ultra- light aircraft. This air-craft has no cockpit (you are exposed to the elements with goggles and helmets.) We flew over the south shore of eastern long island and flew low over camp sites on the beach and waved to the people below. It is truly a life-changing experience to fly that high exposed wide open to the sky. I could never describe it in words or art--I guess those hundreds of painting I made of the people taking flight in my "Strange World" series were a precursor to my bird- like flight. I thought of Da Vinci and how much it would have meant to him to have one minute to soar in the sky as I did today. It made up for an entire summer of nothing but work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor