Saturday, October 20, 2007

my friend's book


A long time friend of mine by the name of Mark Gehrke wrote a great book about kayaking Long Island harbors. I bought the book from my local kayak shop and keep it in my kayak with me. It is a great read and offers a zen approach to paddling. (A great escape and guide book as well.) The more you read it your realize it transcends a mere paddling guide and offers a lot of spiritual incite into the psyche and one man's attempt to arc weld his soul seamlessly with nature. I will post a link to website soon as well. If anyone wants the book you can get it at many kayak shops on long island or email me and I will get you more exact info. As we grow older we increasingly spin in our own orbits so it is nice to touch base with old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor