Thursday, October 18, 2007

to annie nomus

Being literate will not do anyone any good if what you write does not have soul to it...I would rather read illiterate scribblings on a brooklyn bathroom wall (as I did today) than well crafted and grammatically correct prose that has no life behind it . Grammar can be taught, soul cannot. It is the message that matters in the end. Young artists and inexperienced artists often hide in technique because they haven't figured out their own artistic soul. Technique without life is a tree that blocks the view of a greater forest. You should start your own blog and show people that you are good at technical things like grammar! Dali mixed three languages into a jumbled mess and I wouldn't mind reading his daily dribble. I am glad you find my work worthy of your daily comments, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor