Monday, November 19, 2007

color of the day


my ex girlfriend requested her favorite color as the color of the day so now I will honor her and talk about PRUSSIAN BLUE! Prussian blue was discovered by accident in the 1700's in berlin by a painter. The artist was trying to create a red lake color but something was contaminated and he created PB. Prussian blue is very strong--- it is like not unlike the drunk at the dinner party whose presence you cannot ignore! It leans towards black and dark purple and is (unlike the drunk) a very stable dinner guest. There are some very unusual properties associated with PB that scientists are very curious about that I wont go into here. (This text is not prussian blue) I personally never invite prussian blue to my dinner parties, I prefer the majesty of of ultramarine blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor