Monday, November 12, 2007

mural Nov 12th.


Here is the latest update of my ceiling mural. It is a "snapshot" from the video cam so it is not quite the quality of a photograph. Today I added my first color to the mural and started to visually refine it to where it really looks like something. I think the homeowner was getting a bit nervous because I paint in glazes in oil paint and therefore it a very slow process to get to the point where it starts to really shine and read as a painting. Even I get impatient because I want to show what I can do with paint but I have to restrain myself and get the drawing and tones perfected in monochrome first.


(thanks to Rebecca K. for for the screenshot)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor