Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ten Dollar Owl


I have always had a good eye for picking out shapes or patterns or finding hidden things in pictures etc. On more than one occasion I have hidden faces of my ex girlfriends or their names in my book covers. (Once I hid my girlfriends name in a wave in the sea on a beer label.) I am sure if I was an engraver for the national treasury I would do the same! I am not saying what I see on the ten dollar bill is definitely "there" I would like you to decide this for yourself. I personally think it is a pretty strong image of an Owl in the hair of Hamilton. The owl does have significant cult associations etc. but I will not go into that I am just curious if you think it is a mistake or a real image. Take out a ten dollar bill and look closely to the hair on the right side of Hamilton's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor