Monday, December 10, 2007

howdy folks!

I had a great day--- had to add touches to my mural before the floor is put into wine cellar. I have two more days on a second mural that will be done wed. I don't mind the mural work as it gets me out of my studio and into the air of different realities. Today, Gardega was painting and thinking about the vast Texas skies of my youth and the effect they had on the landscape of the internal majesty of my soul. As a child I chased fossils and grasshoppers and as an adult I chase the elusive lizard of excellence in my craft and seek divine perfection in my paints. Along the ill-mowed and rocky path I have stumbled and bruised my knees and even had the mossy-green rocks of jealousy thrown from friends and strangers (as I am not following a path of painting such slop as portraits of children and waterfalls and.. ) Instead Gardega raises his brush against the cruel sky of commercial flimsy and weak art and seeks to help my readers and collectors grow skyward with intellect and hope and belief that art is worth something and not something to be plucked cherry- like from the wilted branches of the Kmart tree. The parade of life marches ever onward into the unknown and it is with much gratitude to the watchers and to the collectors and even the revelers of this strange parade that I am able to continue onward and upward into the slippery street of destiny.

MUCHO THANKSO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor