Monday, December 17, 2007

saturns rings

I was thinking about the concept of age last night as I am a year older come tuesday. Although thought (and especially brilliance) does not age I find it fascinating that each year we creep closer to our final breath on the earthly plane. I was doing my regular research last night (which lately includes more astronomy and less DNA) and learned that they now believe that the rings of saturn to be as old as the solar system and possibly as old as 4.5 billion years! Even though your humble artist cannot wrap his brain around 4.5 billion years I will help my readers understand--- If you stack a billion pennies-- one atop the other--- it will make a pile 1,000 miles high. If you stack a penny for each year of alex it will be not so very high. The zinc core of a penny is coated with copper which is the same coating that coats the statue of liberty which brings me back to my art table deadline...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor