Tuesday, January 1, 2008

all is quiet...

Alex stayed in alone last night and watched his ritual twilight zone marathon. It is nice to wake up to the new year without the champagne dagger in the skull. It is my Dad's birthday today, so Happy Birthday and Happy New Years! (my parents have never looked at this website, I think they are not sure I have a website. ) I much prefer the hands off approach to parenting--- I was never guided or pushed, I was left happily alone with my pencils to face the world. My only resolution for The New Year is to work as hard as I possible can so I can look back next year with a sense that I did something with my time. People often ask me why Alex speaks in the third person. I speak in the third person because I do not think it is appealing to talk about yourself all the time---I, I, I, me, me, me blah blah blah...By using the third person I can remove myself a bit and pretend that I am someone else talking about myself, almost like a nature program narrator talking about an ant eater or a marsupial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor