Thursday, January 31, 2008

emails from the past--by gardega

I received an email today from the people I did my VERY first book cover illustration for ---(I guess they found me on the net.)--- It was more years ago than I can even remember---I do remember drawing a monk for a book cover but the manor drawing I barely remember. Here is the email. (note: there was no such thing as email when I did the drawing)

Hello Alex,
Think back a number of years, when we here at Maple Hill Press were looking for an illustrator to draw a medieval manor, and found you. Our client, Jarrett Publishing Co., was very pleased with your illustration and has used it in their Regents Review Book for Global History ever since.
I thought you'd like to know that the drawing has just found its way into the Jan. 2008 New York State Regents Examination in Global History and Geography. Every high school kid in the state will see it. (You never know what paths your work will take, true?)
You may also remember that we asked you to do an illustration for the cover of our own book, PageMaker 4 with Ease, in 1991; you came up with a marvelous monk, moving from work by candlelight to a computer screen. We got that book accepted as a course text in the Houston Community College System (which encompassed a large number of schools) and others, such as Northeastern University in Boston. (Unfortunately, PageMaker 5 came out earlier than we had hoped, and we missed the wave, but it was fun while it lasted.)
I looked at some of your glass work on the website -- it's stunning! Did I understand correctly that some of this work is in the Chrysler Building? Wow.
If you have a couple of minutes sometime, drop me a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor