Thursday, January 24, 2008

looking back

Before I laid down my head onto the soft pillow of an evening's rest I turned my mind's eye to the past year and rummaged briefly through her closet. Over my shoulder the fog lifted and the ghost of a landscape revealed herself to me. I could see the shadows of thoughts that were and the yet unborn thoughts that sleep deep as frogs in a winter's pond. To me, it seems, a thing in motion tends not to stay in motion but to speed up to a frenzied pace that is both maddening and modern in its nature. Progress is a relative term if the soul is not fed! We spin in orbits at speeds that electrons would envy and forget that all orbits are essentially eliptical and you never really get anywhere. All our running leads us back to the place we started and leaves us just enough time start running again. As Roger Waters once said "history is short and the sun is just a minor star..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor