Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ashes to ashes

Occasionally a painting never find it's legs. Sometimes I will paint something I hate and someone else loves it and buys it. Sometimes I like a painting and no one else sees it. Sometimes I am not happy with a work and no one else seems to love it. Occasionally I paint over or destroy such works, fire is a nice way to purify a painting. My version of the family and fishing net failed to become a loaves and fishes miracle and It was my duty to destroy it...I took the time to burn it into ashes. I figured since I videotaped the birth of the painting I would also video the death of the piece. I will load video up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor