Monday, March 10, 2008

mornin' america

I woke up at 4:30 this morning in order to get ready to paint my apt. I will hold "bigger brushes" today My landlord is a bit upset because I used my apt as an art studio first and a living quarter second (Priorities!!). I got paint on the walls and on the rug so I offered to replace the rug and to re-paint apt. My art comes from chaos and not from neatly ordered sketches or mechanical drawings, neat artists are like skinny chefs--dont trust them! I hate being in the zone of the "in-betweens' before I move in one week. I am a nomad and move once a year as I dont trust roots. I am paint-splattered tumble weed, rolling across the relatively new carpet of the american psyche. (I think I want to boycott the Whitney Museum because they are ruining american art with their Biennial of crap.) I would be perfectly happy living on the road drawing and painting different cities like a rock star or a traveling salesman. I have lived in 25 different places since I was a child and I like to pull up my teepee and head out to new plains when I can. One would think I was running from something or chasing my tail but I like to feed my ADD with new things so she doesnt chew my out insides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor