Monday, April 28, 2008

letter to my agent...


I once was asked by a children's book agent to draw him a bunny as a kind of art test. I don't really draw happy furry bunnies so I sent this drawing along with the poem you will find below..




You asked that I draw you a bunny

And a bunny, my friend, you did get

When I started it was pleasant and sunny

But soon it was cloudy and wet

I waited in vain for the sunshine

But the gold eye of heaven showed not!

What kind of agent would be mine?

When my bunny is wet as a sot?

I tried and I dried all the wet fur

So my bunny was fluffy and new

But nothing quite seemed to work, sir

So what was an artist to do?

I went straight down to Laundromat Lane

Where I knew there a drier or three

And I fluffed up my bunny, hurray

And drew him once more for thee…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor