Monday, June 16, 2008

I received this email today...

Hey Alex:

I was down in Amish country a number of years ago. On the Friday night we arrived, shortly down the road from where we were staying, we watched a huge barn burn to the ground. On my daily runs, starting on Sunday morning a proceeding through the following Friday, I watched as what seemed to be the entire male community descend like ants in and around the ashes. Before the week was up, through a massive communal effort, a bigger and more beautiful barn was erected before my eyes . There must have been 100 - 150 men young and old working day and night. This must have been 30 years ago and the sight sticks with me still. I thought it was truly an amazing display of humans working together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor