Sunday, September 7, 2008

artist of the day---Turner

I went to the met yesterday to check out the turner exhibit. I always like turner but never really mentioned him as an influence or inspiration. To see his work in person is a miracle to behold--- walked out of there a different person. He is one of the greatest artists who ever lived and he puts any abstract expressionist to shame. I never met an artist work that was so in line with my ideas of what painting is. The light and spiritual energy is as good and better than many of the old masters. I am going back today to take notes. his work was criticized often for being too "indistinct " it was viewed this way because he was so far ahead of his time. It puts me to shame how hard he worked in his lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor