Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gardega Newsletter---rough draft

Dear Sir/ Madame,

I am writing to introduce you to my work and to my humble newsletter, The Gardega Report. I am an artist whose vision is focused sharply on the heels of the great American Art Dream. My art is a thing undefined, a token of my journey down a strange highway. I am most interested in visual imagery that creates a sense of transcendence from the “here and now” and whatever media or highway gets me there is not important. My vision is influenced by science and literature and the Renaissance and the modern media. As an explorer, I do not make the same visual bread everyday, Picasso spoke of this and I share his restless nature . My ingredients and vision change with the available light of reality.

I have a large following throughout the US and abroad of collectors who buy my work. I have done countless commissions and architectural installations. I have decided to get back to my gallery roots and I am looking to expand my gallery dealings as I have dealt with many galleries in the past and I have owned my own NYC gallery. I believe strongly in my work and I still believe that art matters and honesty matters above all. Perhaps contemporary art is a comment on the quantum emptiness of the American dream-atom. I prefer a reality and an art that speaks to the heart. It is the journey in art I am after, not the arrival. I have no map and I reject the ones drawn by other’s hands. Technique is not craft anymore than heartfelt honesty is kitsch and irony is a twice told tale. If you are overly aware of what you are doing (in a calculated sense) you are not making art, you are baking bread. Only the madmen and dreamers have advanced art and the colors of conformity fade in a season. Albert Pinkham Ryder said he felt like a caterpillar on the end of a branch reaching out into nothing.

That works for me.

Alex Gardega

"MODERN art is like a Hollywood whore on her last legs no one loves anymore. She needs a savior to drive a stake through the foul heart of modernism and to bring painting back to the lofty planes of the Renaissance" - art-world rebel Alex Gardega . . .

PAGE SIX: January 14, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor