Wednesday, December 10, 2008

award winning photograph explained


Here is a photograph that won first prize in the metro global photo challenge--beating out 55,000 other photos. What I like about the whole story is that it was just a guy with a point and shoot camera, not some gadget geek with a million lenses and the like. I decided to look into its geometric composition to see why it is pleasing to the eye. I used the Gardega Method of perfect geometric compositon ot see if it follows my idea of perfect geometry. First I chose the horizon line (blue) it is facing up hill so it is a bit higher than one would normally choose. Next one should divide photograph along its diagonal. Where these two lines meet is the best place for a point of interest. I figured this method out by dissecting Goya's work over a few months time. I call it the Gardega Method because no one knows that goya used this except me and he aint telling on me. Art is much more than lines and geometry and without soul you have nothing but I wanted to prove why this picture won even though the photographer has no idea he was using the Gardega Method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor