Thursday, January 1, 2009

How to be a famous artist----by gardega




STEP ONE:


If you want to be a famous artist you must have a sacred workspace. I have had the same art table for 7 years
. I bought this table from a garage sale in Westchester for 25 dollars and since I had no car I carried it on my back for half a mile because there are no cabs in them there parts. I knew that this table was meant to be mine and destiny awaited--- I was so broke I gave the person my last 20 and came back later with the other five. On the table you will see a calculator, a wooden hammer, a pencil box, a brush holder and a sharpener. The most important tool for any artists is not a brush or pencil but a calculator. One must be ready add up one's sales in order to know that you are famous and actually sell a lot of art. If an artists tells you they do not like to sell art and prefer to keep it then you should take a ruler and measure their nose as it grows like Pinocchio's. I keep a number of fetish objects around me as I paint including sacred american indian arrowheads, a wooden hammer and an ostrich egg... each has its own purpose. I also paint on an easel and it all depends on my mood. My living quarters revolve around my art, everything else is second...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor