Sunday, March 29, 2009

a watercolor a day--after the flood

As I grow as an artist I know less and less what I am doing...I simply get out of the way. My days of anal, over- rendered and noodled pictures are behind me. I am interested in the world beyond the visible spectrum, beyond the rational..the Supra- rational!. Dali thought dreams were best painted as ultra hyper real frozen photographs. I am interested in the blurred vision that is beyond my own understanding. My spirit has turned into the unknown and into worlds I do not understand.

"when I was a child, I had a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now, the child has grown--the dream is gone."...r. waters


I think there are some parallels to zen art in that I am not interested so much in the final piece but in the act of creation or the space of nothingness, the emptiness of the process that makes the bowl or cup useful.


"driver where you taken us?" J. morrison

there is no doubt in my mind that after the first flood came the calm and the rainbow..the first visual spectrum..God's first painting











a watercolor a day keeps the shrink away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor