Tuesday, April 21, 2009

dont mess with texas

All the money you make should go to charity if not you in the same camp as madoff----email from a stranger



I got an email yesterday from a stranger from one of the oldest and venerated financial institutions in NYC telling me that if I
didn't give my money from my Bernie in Hell hot sauce to charity I was no different than Madoff himself. Instead of telling him that I was using the money to paint a 5 foot portrait of hockey legend of Adam graves (one months labor) and putting it up for a silent auction for Ronald McDonald house (estimated to earn about 10k for kids with cancer) I decided to give him a good "Texas ribbing. " I told him that he had a lot of nerve sitting behind his desk on his fat wallet pointing fingers at an artist that moved out on his own at 17 and starved and fought his way to a name while he was a child whose dad paved his path and bought his ties and gave big handshakes in order to secure him a position in such a firm. I do not suffer fools gladly but I accept stupidity as part of life (like cavities and taxes) the one thing alex's brain does not accept is hypocrites---I cannot accept that part of reality--that and abstract expressionism---both make me puke in multi colors.


I wasnt really mad as I roll with such punches but he has no idea of me or my life so I thought his presumptions deserved a bit of the alex defense...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor