Saturday, April 11, 2009

Left vs. right

MY politics are neither left nor right. I am only concerned about one thing and that is the preservation and protection of peoples liberties and freedoms. I find both the left and the right have been extremely guilty of turning us into an Orwellian nanny state and surveillance society. If you have not read 1984 then I will buy anyone who wishes to do so a free copy and mail it out the next day. I think 1984 is one of the most important novels ever written, on my shelf it sits next to the most important american novel--Huck finn. If we wake up one day and find our lives are micro-managed by a government from what food we can eat to what temperature we can keep our thermostats at then we have not only woken up too but the game is truly over. To put a label on my art has never worked for me and to label my political views is a self limiting concept. Human souls will never have peace of mind when every aspect of your life is scanned and searched and traced and documented. If you do not see that we are heading down that path (and have been for decades) then you probably are not aware that is is colder in winter than in summer. I stand by my promise, if anyone has not read 1984 email me and I will send a free copy. Do not go gently into this dark night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor