Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I am now committed to making multiple glass sketches for a big mausoleum by may 15th. The subject is St. Joseph and I am doing both stained and carved glass windows---they are large installations. I will post progress as I go. This will be in tandem with my Adam Graves painting--- so it will be a busy month. Better busy than dead. I love doing projects like this as I feel like I am connected in some way my beloved renaissance with such commissions. It is funny because the fun part is the initial sketches and studies in the quiet of a studio and then it is 95% nitty gritty toilsome hard work--- blood, sweat and tears and then you walk away worn and tired and hopefully somewhat satisfied with the end result. Time to make the donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor