Thursday, May 7, 2009

sold







Today I sold these paintings to a new collector in Seattle. Duality is one of my "rain series" so it is fitting that it will hang in the Pacific Northwest. The cave fish is a bio-luminescent dream that I have had since childhood. One day I read I poem by Jim Morrison (a hero of mine) "in the womb we are all blind cave fish." The same day I read that I sat down and painted this painting. Morrison was a genius and a clown, all genius's wear the mask of a clown to hide the "Big Fear. "
My Lost Souls--Sleep of Reason is a hard puppy to let go of. I am attached to that painting like pup to a mother. I will be a good art-dog and make more puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor