Friday, July 31, 2009

bernie in the sand


I had my first real/ full day off of the summer yesterday..instead of relaxing I worked my butt off and made this...I woke up with the idea so I decided to jump in gung ho.. . I am sore and burned to a crisp---My first attempt was ruined by the tide--I wasted 4 hours and almost gave up. I went to the bar did a short of tequila and decided to start anew..all in all it was 8 hours of hard labor alone and without a rhyme or reason. SURREALISM! usually sand sculptors work in teams, I now understand why..it is ungodly hard work. It is my first sand sculptor, I learned as I went along in front of a crowd of about 100 people in Coney island. It was fun but I wont make a habit of it.


Dimensions : 8 x 5 foot

medium: sand and more sand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor