Sunday, August 16, 2009

out of chaos..

It was a friends fortieth birthday party yesterday. His mom asked me to draw a caricature/ portrait of him as a gift. I wasnt able to attend party but I finished the piece. Caricature is a nightmare for me as it doesnt come natural. I have to battle and fight my way through the dark. After 8 hours of hell I emerged victorius and delivered piece on time. My apt. looks like a bomb went off, ink, spray paint, paper, paint everywhere. The bottom line is I got it done. There is no room in the "art lane" for excuses or failure, a lazy artist is a dead artist. I awlays find as way to get things done although the method is a bit crazed I arrive with the goods (usually...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor