Thursday, September 24, 2009

lost souls--dawn

Sometimes I have a painting in my studio for months and I take it out here and there and fiddle with it. These lost soul paintings are very hard for me to paint because they come from a dark place inside and I hate to stir up that pot. Everyone has a dark side and ignoring it is not healthy but neither is dwelling in the dark. I do my best to keep my karma healthy so I dont wind up a lost soul. There is no such thing as getting away with lying or cheating because you know you did it and you are judged by your own self and I believe people will actually punish themselves in a Freudian sense for earthly misdeeds. I would rather paint the Hudson river but sometimes these come out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor