Sunday, November 15, 2009

Never Give Up

The first thing you have to do if you want to be an artist is take 100% responsibility for yourself and your life. If you are blaming someone for your reality or life then you have neutered yourself. If you dont take responsibility for yourself then you wont take responsibility for your art. There will be half ass excuses and lame reasons as to why your painting is A) not finished or B) just plain bad or C) not started yet.... People ask me sometimes how I get press or how I get in page Six and there is no answer aside from I wanted it more than you did. I dont come from money nor do I have family connections but I am more persistent and more driven than anyone I know. Most people would have closed shop a long time ago if they walked in my shoes and saw what I saw. I think the Universe rewards the infinitely stubborn souls, She cant beat em down so she throws them a bone. If you dont have passion you have lasagna without meat or sauce or cheese. Passion will pull you through the down times and fire you up in the up times. Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel and dont waste time in the rear view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor