Thursday, March 18, 2010

POSITIVITY


In my life as an artist I have lost hope in a thousand people, I have been shammed, scammed, burned and "bammed" but for so me reason I never spend more than 3.5 minutes lamenting on my past. My brain burns bright with hope for the future and for mankind and art. I still have faith in art and very little faith in humans. Lost loves come and go and as peter gabriel said " life carries on and on and on...If I was not an eternal optimist I would have quit long ago but my religious faith in art is granite. I own a DVD about the life and art of Michelangelo and when I get down or lose steam I put it on and let a person who lived 500 years ago inspire me into action. Every artist deals with the same crap, deadlines, bad art directors, dumb popes, crappy conditions to work in etc etc and etc.Times change but artists deal with the same crap the did when they painted the Egyptian tombs, I often think of the artists who painted the tombs sitting around and drinking Egyptian beer and complaining the same way I do about my saint Michael commission. speaking of which, I was commissioned this weekend to paint a painting of a mugshot of Elvis Presley. In the end we are all just goldfish swimming around in a plastic bag and love comes and goes but art carries on, and on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor