Sunday, April 18, 2010

Portraits by Gardega

I have decided to start doing more portraits. I get a lot of requests for them but they are generally not my first focus. If I paint you it will be from the gut and I will capture your soul and likeness and it will be a real painting---a professional finished portrait with a likeness that sings but it will not be some Sargent- aristocratic- milquestoast- buttery piece of over-rendered dribble----I have come to far for the dapppled sunlight woman holding her poddle, I have seen to much.... I would rather sell street meat than paint such rubbish. My portraits are gut-born. Prices are $10,000 for a 3/4 oil on linen or masonite and I reserve as much time as I want to get it right. I am currently painting Bo Dietl and he is great to paint and then I paint my Late hero Hunter s thompson. I may paint a younger HST before the gonzo when he was a young struggling writer on the beach in Puerto Rico wondering where his destiny lies. I am booked for 3 months but I will take commisions and you will have to wait a bit. 

VIVA GOYA! today goya's vision are truer than ever--we live in a goya nightmare. Not sure why I just thought of goya....

alexgardega@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor