Friday, May 28, 2010

LEARN YOUR CRAFT, PEOPLE!

Some artist in Oklahoma has gotten some press for painting the virgin mary with a grenade. Oh, wait, he didnt even paint the pictures. They are poorly done blow up collages stolen from art reference books. I am so sick of artists who make "art" and cant draw or paint...if you cant draw or paint then go make pizza. I dont care about your conceptual art and I never will. When I painted my Fox News Last Supper it took me three long months because I couldnt look at myself in the mirror if I did some cheap collage or photoslop work. I dont do sour grapes, I just cant stand what passes for art today. If you cant paint then dont have art shows. If I didnt care about the collective soul of art I would not be bothered by hacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor