Saturday, May 22, 2010

a backwards glance


its good to look back to know where you are going but you dont want to look backward too long...just a glance every once in a while so I can find my path in art.


the restless wind
has seen all things
in every kind of light
rising with the full moon
to go howling through the night
the sleepless wind
 has heard all things



between the sea and sky












in the canyons of the city
 you can hear the buildings cry
 oh the wind can carry                                              all the voices to the sea
oh the wind can carry                                                all the echoes home to me


run with wind and weather
       
  sun gives me no rest














promise offered in the east 

broken in the west

all four winds together




can't bring the world to me








shadows hide the play of light

so much I want to see

chase the wind around the world










I want to look at life----in the available light




play of light
















a photograph




















the way I used to be

some half-forgotten stranger, doesnt mean that much to me



trick of light













moving picture













moments caught in flight
















make the shadows darker
or the colors shine to bright




those lyrics were by neil peart..thanks neil.


now comes the random grab bag part of show
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor