Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In the news

It seems another kid of privilege has wasted his life. Andrew Koppel, Ted Koppel's son drank himself to death yesterday and died in a seedy apt. He was 40. He had a daughter. He had previous run ins with the law in regards to drinking. I actually feel bad for these kids who throw their life and their silver spoon in the toilet,  Yet the stories are all too common. I would have loved to go out and waste my day drinking over the weekend but I had deadlines and spent three days in my art studio, no sun, no fun. Work keeps you out of trouble. I will never understand the psychology of throwing away a life that most people will never know. I am sure as Ted koppels son he had a college without loans, a million connections and leads to begin life with and now it is all gone. It is another tragedy and a silver spoon can be a choking thing. Then again, I know a lot of people who grew up in privilege and became great people. Hard to say what makes some people throw it all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor