Monday, June 28, 2010

rants

I try not to rant on my blog but I get so fed up sometimes with the state of affairs. It is not a left right thing it is a failed system thing. regardless, I will try to keep things positive here and rant to myself alone. Art is why I started this blog, not politics. I turn in a book cover today and I will post it when published. I recently got into an argument about "style" in art with an old art school chum. He had some critical thing sto say about my art which is fine but then I asked when the last time he painted or  drew was--it was 12  years ago. I couldnt go 12 days without making art. The thing in art is simply to make it. This friend has not even made 25 paintings in his life. I made 25 in the last 5 months. I give anyone credit who makes art--it is hard to make art--it is work...everyone is a critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor