Wednesday, August 18, 2010

glass art

Spent two hours taking down my glass art from a brooklyn nightclub when the truck came to pick up to deliver to colorado I realized I couldnt use that truck as the truck changes cargo three times. I cant have my pieces moved except to load and unload----So I spent a tough day on a bad foot for nada. Humor is a gift. I didnt even get mad. I limped to The Palm and had drinks with a friend. If you let such things get you as an artist, you wont last a day. It is par for the course. god tests artists. you have to laugh at pain and setbacks and poverty and the like. Art weeds out the weak real quick. If you dont have rich parents do not be a painter if you dont have skin thicker than thieves. The dues are great but then so are the rewards. ON a light note someone told me a story about passing out from alcohol in the airport on their way to england (in the 80's) with a twelve pound lobster. He awoke in a queens hopsital---sans lobster. I thought the story was so funny I started crying with laughter--couldnt breathe. Not sure why it hit me as so funny. I think it was the english accent of the teller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor