Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mr. Moderation

My nickname growing up was thrust upon me by a close friend...He used to call me mr. moderation because everything I ever did was so over the top extreme the only name that sufficed was this one. If painted then there was 6,000 paintings in my room..If I drank it was an unholy binge if I went running it was until I passed out...now that I have grown up and "mellowed" I am surprised I lived to tell my tale. I had 11 concussions by the time I was 26, more than an NFL quarterback. I have no regrets, none..zilch...zero...its all borrowed timed served to me with a smile by some black and white character from an old twilight zone epsiode. The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom but there is a time an artist decides if the work is really what matters. In the end it is all about the work and moderation helps get the work done...I can still barely spell moderation but I have spell check..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor