Sunday, September 5, 2010

afterimage by RUSH

This one goes  out to my friend who just endured an unspeakable tragedy..this song was written after one of the bands friends died on the way home from a recording session..When I was a lost teenage artist I used Rush as my northstar, I had no art teacher..just a bunch of cassette tapes ...They are the reason I became obsessed with literature--- as corny as it may sound...By a twist of fate I had dinner with them when I was 18.
Afterimage lyrics

Suddenly, you were gone
From all the lives you left your mark upon


I remember
How we talked and drank into the misty dawn
I hear the voices


We ran by the water on the wet summer lawn
I see the footprints
I remember


I feel the way you would
I feel the way you would


Tried to believe but you know it’s no good
This is something that just can’t be understood


I remember
The shouts of joy skiing fast through the woods
I hear the echoes


I learned your love for life,
I feel the way that you would
I feel your presence
I remember


I feel the way you would
This just can’t be understood...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor