Friday, October 29, 2010

etched glass windows layout process

The first step here is to lay down a rubber masking material on the glass you intend to etch. This process must be done very carefully and without air bubbles. After it is laid down I always bisect the pieces and find the midpoint--old habits die hard. I have done this since I can remember.


Now I (or my assistant) lay down my original drawings to get ready to trace them directly onto the rubber. This is the bottom panel of three panels.




Now I have traced the drawings onto the first rubber and I have laid the rubber onto the second piece of glass. Everything must line up!!!!! The next step is to cut out drawing with an xacto. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor