Saturday, October 16, 2010

ID theft, survival and finding work

I would laugh if someone steals my ID, its like taking a blood transfusion from a sick person..poor sucker. Someone stole my passport in a miami beach hotel, the cleaning lady...this made me angry. Life is a strange, I am insanely busy in art and most people dont have jobs. I have known for a large part of my life the pain that most people are now experiencing. I have learned survival skills that are burned deep, deep into my being. I can turn my life around on a dime and start a company or get a job tomorrow if I needed. Most people have not had to learn those skills and god bless them, they come with a big price. But I hear about people who havent had work for two years--I could go bartend tomorrow, I could kick ass at real estate like I once did...I could teach art, I could paint houses, I could install storefronts, I can can glaze glass, I can etch glass, I can do sales, I can sell street art and make more money than most people would in an avg. day job. These skills and the dues I paid will never leave me but if you never learned about the streets and survival and you spent your life in an office then god bless you because they are things you dont want to have to learn late in life because they dont come easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor