Sunday, October 17, 2010

a video of some of my book covers

When I first started painting the yellow page covers I didn't really tell many people but as time when on I began to think it was kind of Pop Art in the fact that it has major exposure and also it lands on every ones door step and then it winds up in a kitchen cabinet next to the Campbell's soup...I painted my first one in a dire panic because I didnt understand how to paint a picture using a yellow background...I was stumped, it forced me to think in pop art terms and to use bold and bright graphic colors--this went against  my grain as an artist but I learned so much from these covers! They actually helped me in my fine art as I grew less afraid of making pop art imagery..you earn from every job you do. God bless ambassador yellow pages, they have been great to me. I have never missed a deadline but god knows I delivered a few wet ones after 5 AM panic sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alice in Winter Watercolor

12  x 16 inches on arches paper to purchase https://tendollarart.com/products/alice-in-winter-watercolor